Having a large and engaged following on Instagram is crucial for driving sales and growing your business. However, organically growing your account to thousands or even millions of real followers takes years of hard work. That’s why many businesses and influencers choose to buy Instagram followers to give their accounts an instant boost. Low-quality or fake followers might inflate your numbers, but they won’t engage with your content or buy your products.
Spotting fake followers
While reputable providers deliver authentic-looking profiles, some bad actors still send fake or bot followers. Here are signs those types of followers won’t engage or convert:
- Default profile photo: If followers have Instagram’s default grey headshot icon, they are likely fake accounts.
- No posts/biography: Fake profiles are often empty with no posts, bio info, or profile details filled out.
- Irrelevant followers: Bots and fake accounts will follow you regardless of your niche or content. But real followers interested in your products will find you organically.
- Suspicious usernames: Fake accounts tend to have random combinations of numbers and letters for usernames instead of real names.
- Inactive accounts: Check if followers are actively liking/commenting on your posts. Inactive accounts won’t convert to sales.
- Sudden spikes in followers: Gaining thousands of followers overnight isn’t natural growth. Gradual delivery mimics organic follow growth.
- Location: Check where your new followers are located. They are likely fake if they are concentrated in random countries unrelated to your business.
Converting followers to customers
Once you’ve given your account an instant boost with new targeted followers, it’s time to convert those followers into paying customers for your business.
- Engage with followers: Reply to your new followers’ comments, like their posts, and follow them back. This builds connections to make them more receptive to your brand.
- Run giveaways/contests: Offer free products, gift cards, or other prizes to followers who tag friends, share posts, or take other actions. This incentivizes engagement.
- Promote discounts: Post discount codes or special offers exclusively for your Instagram followers. This encourages them to make purchases.
- Showcase products: Post high-quality photos and videos that showcase your products or services. famoid followers will have a better idea of what you offer.
- Share user-generated content: Re-post customers using your products. User images build trust and interest in your brand.
- Run paid ads: Use Instagram advertising to promote products, and offers and build awareness. Target ads toward your new followers.
- Add clickable links: Use the link sticker in Stories or your bio to drive traffic to your online store. Make purchasing easy.
- Track sales: Use UTM parameters or unique discount codes to identify sales driven specifically by your Instagram followers.
With the right mix of great content, engagement, and special offers, you turn seemingly “passive” bought followers into active brand advocates and buyers. The key is nurturing those relationships just like you would with organic followers.